This Family Of Bald Eagles Is An Internet Sensation.


This is such a beautiful story and an even more beautiful family of birds. Since this whole thing has gone completely viral, it just goes to show that people still like to see positive happy stories and not just all the negative stuff that’s in our face everyday.

I originally heard about this from my mother a few days ago, and then I saw a tweet about it today from my friend @petwebdesigner. There is a camera, about the size of a grapefruit, hidden in some leaves 80 feet up in a cottonwood tree near Decorah, Iowa. It is pointed at a nest belonging to a beautiful family of bald eagles. I’ve embedded the live feed below, but let me warn you, once you start watching it, you won’t be able to stop.
At any given time there are between 100,000 and 150,000 people watching this live. Over 11 million people have seen it. It’s so touching because the mommy and the daddy eagles have been together since 2007. In February, the mother laid three eggs. As of today, two of them have hatched. The third one is expected to hatch any time now. You can see the parents trying to keep the little chicks warm, and feeding them when they get hungry. The mom and dad eagle even take turns caring for the chicks. The insight this webcam can provide everyone about Mother Nature is incredible. As I’m watching it right now, you can see the mother very gently placing food inside each of the chick’s mouths. I’m sure it is the high quality of the feed, maintained by the Raptor Resource Project, which is one reason this is so popular. It’s so vivid and close up. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
ΑΝΑΔΗΜΟΣΙΕΥΣΗ ΑΠΟ 
http://www.bitrebels.com/technology/this-family-of-bald-eagles-is-an-internet-sensation/ ( ΔΕΙΤΕ ΕΔΩ).

Σχόλια